This course is designed to develop a working knowledge of Medical Gas Pipeline System based on the guidance given in HTM 2022/HTM 0201; Medical Gas Pipeline system and other current national regulatory guidance.
After the course, the delegates will acquire the skill and knowledge to:
- Define and perform all engineering tests relevant to the commissioning and refurbishing of Medical Gas Pipeline System;
- Manage permit to work system for Medical Gas Pipeline System by performing all duties on an Authorize Person as defined in HTM 2022/HTM 0201.
- Asses the Medical Gas Pipeline System for compliance with current standard.
- Apply the principles in current guidelines to design on Medical Gas Pipeline System.
- Describe and apply all relevant safety procedures and identify potentially hazardous practices and situation.
- Engineering Degree / Diploma (preferably in Mechanical, Biomedical, etc).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in MGPS.
All staffs whose duties include management MGPS; Designated Authorize Person (As listed in HTM 2022); Explaining the detail work to Competent Person; Final testing assisted by the QC in the case of high hazard; Person obtaining permission for interruption of supplies and affixing other prohibition notices.
Maximum number of participants: 12 pax per session
- Introduction to MS2675:2017 & HTM 02-01
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of medical gas stakeholders
- Overview of medical gas systems and safety aspects
- Understanding the management of medical gas cylinders
- Understanding of the operation of medical gas supply units
- Review of the emergency supply provision on site
- Responsibilities for the provision of an operational policy and other documentation
- MGPS design, installation, validation and verification
- Compliance to the Permit to Work System
RM7,950 per pax (including SST 6%)