This course is designed for clinical staff taking the role of Designated Medical or Nursing Officer, as defined by MS2675:2017 (Medical Gas System), having specific responsibilities with regard to the management of the Medical Gas Pipeline System in the event of an interruption of supply.
To train the Designated Medical or Nursing Officer that allows the safe and effective management of medical gases at ward/department level.
- Basic degree / Diploma
- Experiences in handling of medical gas system
Head of Nursing, Nursing manager, Medical Officer (OSH), Hospital OSH Manager, Sister, Matron, Nurses.
- Updating on statutory requirements/standards / procedures;
- A general introduction to piped medical gas systems and safety including warning on pressure, use of isolating valves, fire precautions etc.;
- MGS and cylinder safety;
- The permit-to-work system and supply system interruption procedures;
- Fault & incidents reporting;
- Emergency situations, including alarm system indications and emergency isolation procedures;
- MGS operational policy;
- Gas conservation;
- Contingency planning;
- Anesthetic gas scavenging systems (AGSS)
Certificate of Accomplishment will be provided by Medical Gas Associates Malaysia (MGAM) upon completion of the course.
RM3,500 per session
(Maximum: 10 pax)
Linde Malaysia HC Training Academy
Lot 2, Persiaran Sabak Bernam, Section 26, Hicom Sector B, 40720 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Hospital Site / TBA
Download the form below to register: